The best thing about a TRX workout is the versatility and portability it brings to the fitness world. A home is a perfect place where you can follow your TRX workout plan. Instead of investing in expensive gym memberships, you can bring the gym to the comfort of your home by setting up your TRX home gym without having to go out.
Different people choose TRX for different reasons. Some want to shed off the extra belly fat; some may want to get the pre-baby body back; some may want to develop six-packs; while others may want to boost their endurance, stamina, and energy level. All of these, and much more, can be achieved by doing your TRX at home. How cool does that sound!
Can You do TRX at Home?
Doing TRX workout at home means you have to work around a limited space – the same workout conditions for which the former Navy Seal invented the TRX. You can do complete body workouts using your TRX anchor and suspension in your home. With your body’s weight and positions, you do not need any machine, dumbbell, or gym equipment.
TRX Resistance Training
The concept of TRX resistance training started as a former US Navy Seal wanted to work out from any possible place. So home is your perfect spot of developing an exercise routine where you can follow hundreds of different exercise plans and can create some of your exercises too. You can get yourself a TRX Home Suspension Trainer and Anchor to start your workout behind the four walls – or should I say behind the door!
The amazing thing about having a TRX home gym is that you do not need to have any weights or heavy machines. Instead, with the right angles and positions, your body weight does all the work – you gain muscles, lose fat, and strengthen your core.
What sets TRX apart from other routines is its mobility, minimal equipment, and the fact that you need to stand up to train instead of conventional sitting down gym exercises. As per a study conducted in the USA, an average American spends more than 21 hours in the sitting or lying position. So why would you want to choose gym machine workouts and training that involve further sitting or lying down? Thanks to TRX, you get to follow a workout plan in a standing position which improves your posture and gives you tons of benefits. TRX provides you with functional training at its best.
Doing your TRX at home means you can set up your TRX system anywhere at home – your room, living room, basement, garage, backyard, front porch – literally, any place!
- Our best-selling training system!! Create full-body workouts Anywhere, Anytime! Includes Suspension Training Strap, Indoor/Outdoor Anchors, 35-Page Workout Guide & 2 Bonus Workouts, plus get your free 30 Day Trial on our new trx App to Generate Next-Level Intensity now!
Set Up a TRX at Home
To set up your TRX home gym indoors, you need your TRX Door Anchor along with your Suspension Trainer.
- Attach your Suspension Trainer to the TRX Door Anchor and hang the anchor over the top of a sturdy door.
- Close the door and lock it.
- Pull the suspension trainer to make sure it is secure.
It is a good idea to set up your TRX home gym so you do not have to move your TRX equipment every time you plan to workout. You can use your TRX wall mount or a TRX ceiling mount if you are planning to carry out your TRX routine at an allocated area inside your home. The ceiling is a great mounting option but if you do not have that option, the second-best is the TRX wall mount.
If you want to set up your TRX in your backyard, you can use a TRX Suspension Anchor. You can hang your straps off a strong tree or bar. Clip-on your straps to secure them and you are ready to work out in your backyard, lawn, or porch.
Let us have a look at the indoor and outdoor anchors in detail.
Indoor – TRX Door Anchor
Your TRX Door Anchor gives you point to hang your TRX Suspension Trainer. It easily fits all kinds of doors and gives you the strong support you need for TRX workouts. The TRX door anchor does not damage the door and gives you the stable support (at home or in a hotel if you are traveling) where you can get a door.
You can incorporate different TRX workouts such as TRX Super Fly, TRX Single Arm Chest Press, TRX Single Arm Row, TRX Power Pull, etc., using your TRX door anchor.
Outdoor – Suspension Anchor
It is a great time to work outdoors when the sun is out, and you can inhale the fresh air. Your lungs need it and so do you. Go to a nearby park, beach, or even your backyard with your TRX Suspension Anchor and enjoy working out in the outdoors.
The TRX Suspension Anchor lets you hang your TRX straps from hooks, poles, bars, trees, or anything sturdy enough to bear your weight. Also, the ground needs to be flat and should not slip while you exercise. Lastly, just clip the straps securely and pull it tightly to check if it is secure. Now all you must do is to start your workout.
Best Secure Mounting Options
To give you more options where you can mount your TRX equipment, here are some of the most popular indoor as well as outdoor locations that are safe for your TRX system.
- Over the door: It is the most used indoor TRX mounting option. If you plan to set up TRX at home, the easiest way is to use a TRX door anchor and set up your suspension trainers. Make sure you lock the door to avoid accidents.
- Mounted on the ceiling: TRX has an overhead anchor system, the X-Mount, that can be used on the ceiling. This is an ideal place to fasten your anchor indoor as you can achieve a complete 360 degrees range of positions and angles.
- Wrap it around a beam: You can use your TRX attachment and wrap it around the beam multiple times to get the perfect height you need for your workout.
- Wrap it around an exercise machine or a rack: It is somewhat like the indoor beam suspension option. Wrap your TRX gear around the top part of a high exercise machine or a weight rack. For safety, it is especially important to check if the machine or the rack is strongly bolted. The last thing you want in the middle of your TRX workout is heavy objects falling on you.
- Around a high railing: If you can find a high railing indoors and it is sturdy, you can wrap your TRX attachment around it. You may be able to use only the oblique positioning against the wall.
- Use a multi-mount option: If you are a TRX buff and have ample space in your house (basement, garage, etc.) you can use a TRX multi-mount system for doing TRX at home with your friends or family members.
Here are some of your outdoor options for setting up your TRX home gym:
- Around a tree branch: Take your TRX system outdoors by wrapping it against nature. Use a strong low sitting branch and check how solid it is. It needs to be quite sturdy as you will be putting your entire weight on it.
- Use the fence: While outdoors, if you plan to carry out the obliquely positioned TRX exercises, you can use the fence by sliding the band through a sturdy fence.
- Around a railing: You may be able to find a railing suspension in a park or any public place. If it has a strong built, wrap your TRX attachment around it. However, just like your TRX door option, the railing suspension will only let you use an oblique positioning against a wall.
- In the playground: There is nothing better than a fresh outdoor TRX workout and impressing the younger generation (and elders too) with your routine. Using the playground’s high bar, create your TRX system in the open. You will end up making some fans, and do not be surprised if people ask you for fitness advice!
There is nothing more motivating than having your own TRX home gym. Whether you have a TRX wall mount in your room or prefer your TRX system in the backyard, doing TRX at home saves you time and is super convenient. You can enjoy the workout at home gym with your partner, family, or friends.
Make sure you follow some safety guidelines. Always inspect your TRX equipment before using it and replace the damaged or worn parts without any delay. Keep in mind that there are no dangerous points or sharp edges near your TRX anchor point as your nylon straps can wear out with constant friction against the sharp edge. Once all boxes are ticked, enjoy your TRX at home.