TRX is the buzzword that has gotten athletes and fitness buffs excited about their workout routines. If you have seen some TRX straps lying in the corner of your gym and wondered why these straps are so valuable to the fitness world, you are not alone. TRX training helps you burn calories, gain muscles, get a stronger core, and enjoy the maximum workout in minimum time. It helps you immensely, both physically as well as mentally.
Do not get intimidated by those hanging straps and the thought of suspending your body. You can suspend your body or work from a standing position – there are so many ways where you can do TRX training. Unlike the other workout routines where you increase the reps or weight to boost the workout intensity, resistance training lets you achieve your target by shifting your body position. The results are phenomenal.
In your resistance training sessions, you can have countless progression levels. Every day you can challenge yourself and your workout never becomes boring. This lets you stick to your training sessions and feeling excited about trying new exercises.
Before we dig deep into it, let us figure out exactly what is TRX.
What is TRX Training?
TRX stands for Total Body Resistance Exercise. TRX training is an exercise routine for every type of fitness level. With the help of minimum gym equipment, you can do TRX training almost anywhere in the world. With new twists to old workouts, this training makes sure exercising stays interesting and relevant.
Who Invented and Why?
TRX was invented by a Navy Seal Randy Hetrick in 1997, who had a passion for fitness training. He felt the need for a consistent gym routine for himself and his fellow Navy Seals without depending too much on gym equipment. They were mostly deployed in areas where there either no gym was available, or the conditions were not suitable for them to spend an hour in the gym. But fitness was the priority, so he came up with some intelligent training ways that they could help them whenever and where ever they wanted to work out – whether they were at the stand-by or in the middle of a mission.
The first suspension trainer was a mere jiu-jitsu belt with parachute webbings. Being a Stanford MBA graduate, Randy thought about sharing his training routine with the world as the practice worked and gave great results. In 2001, he introduced it to the market and by 2005, his TRX equipment started impressing the fitness fanatics.
Now, you can find some of the world’s leading athletes and fitness experts getting excited about TRX. And rightly so, TRX is the future of workout!
So, basically what is TRX, and what is the fuss all about? What makes the TRX routine so special? Well, the TRX equipment consists of two adjustable straps that have handles and foot-cradles attached to them. The simplicity of this TRX equipment is what makes it so convenient to use. You can do your TRX routine anywhere on the planet – indoors or outdoors. All you need to do is to attach this nylon-strapped equipment to a sturdy anchor point. It could be a hook on the wall, the door, your fence, or even a tree – just attach it securely and voila!
Resistance Training and Benefits
TRX workouts are for everyone – no matter what your body type or fitness level is. Whether you are a beginner to this amazing world of work-out or are a fitness enthusiast, there are TRX routines for every level of fitness.
You can use your TRX equipment in the comfort of your home or take it along with you when you travel and stay at a hotel. And if you plan to do it outdoors, do not worry about the weather or getting the TRX equipment dirty. Whether it is sunny, rainy, or windy, your TRX equipment will continue working at its best. Even when it gets wet or muddy, you can easily clean the rubber handles and nylon straps. Talking about no-fuss exercise equipment!
Resistance training is simple to do, but the results are anything but simple. The TRX suspension training lets you do more than 400 exercises that result in improving your physical as well as mental well-being. These exercises focus on your balance, flexibility, muscle building, fat burning, and core strength.
Here are some of the benefits of TRX:
- Resistance Training is great for weight management. You can burn a lot of calories without needing much equipment or machines. Even when at rest, your body burns more calories and you increase your muscle to fat ratio.
- It helps you with your body’s flexibility and balance. As a result, you age more healthily.
- TRX is believed to help in preventing or controlling serious diseases including depression, diabetes, heart issues, arthritis, obesity, and back pain.
- It increases your bone density and strengthens your bones. As a result, you lower the risks of getting Osteoporosis.
- Resistance training helps in improving your sleep cycle and routine. If you suffer from Insomnia, TRX helps you achieve a better quality of sleep.
- In older people, resistance training helps in reducing or preventing cognitive issues.
- You get a stronger core and gain more muscles. Your muscles are toned, and you protect your joints from injury.
- Your body’s stamina increases, and you do not get tired easily, even as you grow older.
- There is a lower risk of you getting injured as compared to when you weight-training.
- You can work out anywhere you want – indoors or outdoors.
- Resistance training results in improved posture.
- It is for all kinds, ages, and genders of people – no matter what their BMI is.
- You can have your spin on old exercise routines. It never gets boring!
- You can do more work out in less time.
- TRX has an extremely positive impact on your self-esteem and your sense of wellbeing. It increases your self-confidence. When your body shape improves, you feel good about yourself and your role in the world around you.
- After your resistance training, you feel more energetic to carry out daily activities. Your work capacity increases, and you feel more productive throughout the day.
These are all the reasons why the military, athletes, and certified trainers are so impressed by all the TRX benefits.
There are uncountable ways in which you can exercise with your TRX equipment. This keeps the workout fresh and you do not get tired of the same routine every day. Many people who start going to the gym or make a new year’s resolution to work out lose interest after a couple of days or weeks because of the mundane gym routine.
In your TRX routine, you can adjust your straps to different lengths as well as change the positioning of your body. This creates new angles with your body to work out, increasing or decreasing challenges while you move towards a healthier you.
TRX exercises let you build your core muscles by offering you some of the best core workouts. These workouts are not just to tone up your body but can build you those six packs you always dreamt about.
As compared to training with free weights, TRX is safer as there are fewer chances of injuries. As a result, you enjoy a better training session without worrying about accidentally dropping any weight or dumbbell.
While being gentle on your joints, TRX lets you gain healthy muscles. Research has shown that your growth hormone reacts well to your TRX exercises as compared to the general workouts. Who does not want to gain muscles?
And while you are gaining muscles, your stubborn body fat will melt away as you train better and faster as compared to spending long dull hours at the gym.
If you are tired of taking gym memberships and not showing up or are skeptical about investing your hard-earned money for a gym membership that you may not get used to, there is nothing better than getting your TRX equipment. Enjoy a complete body transformation without going to the gym – in fact, by taking the gym along with you wherever you go. Your TRX equipment is light in weight and you can conveniently travel with it.
No wonder why the fitness world is so excited about TRX training. With the long list of TRX benefits, the variety of its exercises, and the convenience at which you can work out indoors as well as outdoors, TRX is the game-changer in the fitness industry. Try it out yourself and see your transformation and the positive effects it brings to your life, in front of your own eyes.